BIOFILMS Biofilm explanation
Mycoplasma are a stealth virus . Not only can they change shapes and evade or even turn off the immune system. They also have the ability to form what’s called a ‘biofilm’.
Biofilms are basically a group of bacteria or viruses that have surrounded themselves with a protein like coating that protects them from the immune system and antimicrobials. (Mycoplasma are not the only critters that can create biofilms. In fact it seems that most bacteria and viruses can.)
This, I believe, is why it takes so long to defeat these types of infections. I believe that the bacteria have the ability to grow in the biofilm, in an unrestricted manner. Then, every so often, they release more bacteria into the system that attempt to re-infect the host. I also think this is one of the main reasons why someone ends treatment prematurely, thinking that they are feeling worse and therefore thinking that the treatment is not working. It also might account for the ‘ups and downs’ of these types of illnesses.
So, at some point we have to address biofilms. If we don’t, the bacteria will come out of hiding and reinfect the host…repeatedly. NOTE: I highly recommend that you do not start treating for biofilms right away. I recommend that you treat with antimicrobials (lightly first, then more heavily with time) and then, after about 3-4 weeks, begin attacking the biofilms. Otherwise, I think that you will have a heavy die off that could overwhelm your system.
Natural Biofilm Dissolvers
- Serrapeptase – Serrapeptase is an enzyme produced by serratia bacteria in the intestines of silkworms. The enzyme only dissolves dead or damaged tissue such as Fibrin, the building blocks for Biofilm. Once the enzyme dissolves the fibrin, Bacteria is exposed to antibiotics and the immune system. This is what I use. I currently take about 4 – 6 capsules spread throughout the day. these should be taken 30 min before a meal or well after a meal. Other uses for serrapeptase are:
- Heart health
- Pain relief
- Anti inflammatory
- Fibroid dissolver
- Helps with cancer patients
- Here is a link with some information about serrapeptase, but also many testimonials that outline what it has done for different people that have used it. http://www.helpherself.com/serapeptase/
- Lumbrokinase – Lumbrokinase is an enzyme produced by earthworms. It is commonly used for breaking up biofilm by dissolving the fibrin that it consists of. Lumbrokinase is said to be more powerful than Nattokinase.
- Nattokinase – Nattokinase is an enzyme produced from Natto, a Japanese food made from fermented soybeans. It is commonly used for breaking up Biofilm by dissolving the fibrin it consists of.
- Bio-fibrin– Bio-fibrin is a supplement that is designed for use against biofilm and contains 2 of the 3 enzymes listed above as well as several others that are known to be heavy hitters. Personally, I take 3 Serrapeptase and 3 Bio-fibrin each morning, first thing and then wait for at least 35 minutes to eat. Personally, I feel like keeping biofilms under control is a key to good overall health, much less a true key to rising above chronic illness.
Remember, Healing takes time
Rome wasn’t built in a day and you did not become less than healthy in a day, either. I feel so much better now than I did when I first became ill. But, it has been a long and slow process. In fact, January 2018 will mark two years since I first began to experience the life changing illness that swooped down upon me like a phoenix. So, set your sights on wellness and just start moving forward. One foot ahead of the other…